Man with a Van services defined
If you are moving a small house or few office items, using a man with a van services is more sensible than hiring a removals truck. The price is lower plus you get extra help with the loading and unloading all bundled into the price.
There are obvious advantages of engaging man with a van services rather than hiring a van. When you hire a van, you simply get the van alone with no extras. This means that you have to hire the equipment needed to hoist, load and unload for example dollies, hoisting ropes and blankets. In addition you have to hire extra hands for the loading and unloading. If you are not experienced in driving a heavy vehicle, driving a fully loaded will be a challenge.
Hiring a van also brings in issues of insurance and charges for excess. If the van gets even the slightest of dents or scratches, the van company will deduct a hefty amount from your credit card. Even when the van is returned safely, there is much paperwork to be processed.
A Man with a van service saves you all this hassle as you get a complete package. The man will be accompanied by the equipment needed for heavy lifting, and will also assist in doing the loading and unloading.
Before moving you need to do the following:
- Plan for packing by acquiring packing boxes. If you are not moving into other premises immediately, plan for storage space.
- Contact all utility providers and notify them of a change of address and disconnection of services
- Notify all your service providers of your new address. This includes your bank, broadband provider, and insurance company
- Plan for end of tenancy cleaning if it is required by your tenancy agreement
Tips on packing
Instead of asking the man and van service to provide packing material, it is cheaper when you acquire from the local supermarket, bookshop or liquor store. The alternative is asking the man and van service to provide pay as you go packing services. If the boxes you have are not adequate, you can ask the man and van service to provide extra.
When packing remember these key points:
- All items from the same room should be packed and labelled together
- Self-assembly furniture should be dismantled prior to the arrival of the man and van
- Kitchen appliances like the fridge should be clean and dry
- Items that are heavy and bulky should be placed near the exit for faster loading
- You should plan for the van’s parking at the new home/office for unloading